Archive | Citrix

Problems with Citrix Receiver over VPN: ARGetNetworkLocationForStore returned NETWORK_LOCATION_NONE

I was working on my home lab, specifically setting up a Citrix XenDesktop environment. Since I didn’t have a Netscaler in place (yet), I connected to my home network via a Cisco AnyConnect VPN via a Mac.

While tunneling through the VPN connection, I could connect to the storefront and resources via HTML5, but I could never get the receiver client to connect – I could authenticate, but I couldn’t ever connect to the storefront (error:Citrix Receiver cannot connect to the server. Check your network connection.). I rebuilt the environment several times.

After some debugging of “Library/Logs/com.citrix.AuthManager.log” I figured it out. The error I was getting was:

CMacServiceRecordConnector::CallARGetNetworkLocationForStore url=
Thu Jul 28 14:33:09 2016     > T:00006A3F api    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   {
Thu Jul 28 14:33:09 2016     < T:00006A3F api    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   }
Thu Jul 28 14:33:09 2016       T:00006A3F api    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   Receiver status = success
Thu Jul 28 14:33:09 2016       T:00006A3F api    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   location=NETWORK_LOCATION_NONE
Thu Jul 28 14:33:09 2016 <<<<< T:00006A3F api    .   .   .   .   .   .   .   Throwable created: CHttpException: ARGetNetworkLocationForStore returned NETWORK_LOCATION_NONE; server URL: ''


Processing exception, type='HTTP exception' description='ARGetNetworkLocationForStore returned NETWORK_LOCATION_NONE; server URL: 'https://''

The “location=NETWORK_LOCATION_NONE” was the issue. Citrix receiver didn’t know if it was inside or out. I figured the issue was the beacons, but setting them to obvious settings did not fix the issue.

It wasn’t until I set the internal beacon of the storefront to an IP address rather than a DNS name, did I get everything working.

My conclusion is that the Receiver client uses different DNS setting (most likely resolve.conf) than the browser. A browser (or any other networking app) on a mac uses the “scutil –dns” settings.

From here:

Note: AnyConnect does not change the resolv.conf file on Macintosh OS X, but rather changes OS X-specific DNS settings. 
Macintosh OS X keeps the resolv.conf file current for compatibility reasons. 
Use the scutil --dns command in order to view the DNS settings on Macintosh OS X.

I believe this is a bug in the way the receiver is programmed.


Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes