Dell has changed how you install OpenManage Server Administrator on ESXi5. To do this via PowerCLI, use the following steps.
- Download the new vib file: OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip (most recent can be found here)
- Extract it and upload the folder via the vSphere client (browse datastore and upload the extracted folder)
- Put the ESXi5 box into maintenance mode.
- From PowerShell with the PowerCLI installed:
- Connect- VIServer -Server x.x.x.x
- Install-VMHostPatch -HostPath /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02/metadata.zip (or where ever you uploaded it)
Note: You can no longer connect directly to that web interface on port 1311 of the ESXi5 box. Now, you now have to go to a different OpenManage Server Administrator install (log out if you are auto logged in) and select “Manage remote node”. That is a pain.