News to me! if you want to create a vmdk larger than 256 gb, you need to blow away the datastore and re-create it with a larger block size!
- Move everything off the datastore.
- Under the configuration tab, Right click and delete the store
- Click add storage and it will find the unused disk
- and when Creating the new datastore, change the block size to accommodate the largest vmdk you want to create:
- 1M =256gb, 2M=512gb, 4M=1T,8M=2T
Dude, you’re a life saver! I was transferring a big vmdk (around 440 GB (i know big)) and it kept on failing around 50%..
Thanks for leaving a comment! I like it when I can help!